Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- "Women transformers" from @SASDIAlliance met w Mayor of @eThekwiniM re community-driven resilience & climate action… https://t.co/9BnMKTspz1
- SDI opens a call for #KnowYourCity proposals to support #LatinAmerica groups to use community-generated slum data t… https://t.co/SYXueiXTiS
- "Relationships bw the urban poor & local govt set the preconditions for sustainable & secure cities." @sdinet… https://t.co/rEjvXr9b2F
- "KYC data on informal settlements enables informed dialogue on inclusive policy and practice." @sdinet @joelbolnick… https://t.co/62QVrmVPF0
- "KYC is a participatory, pro-poor, people-centered approach to urban governance." Campaign partners @sdinet… https://t.co/L6qQN4QvUe
- RT @FLON_Namibia: FLON addressing the Shack Dwellers Federation of Namibia community as their patron during a visit to 100 constructed hous…
- The #Namibia Federation showing true @sdinet spirit - welcoming the @FLON_Namibia with song! https://t.co/ZywgGYAFbL
- RT @Mweyako: This is the Oshiwambo housewarming gift. @FLON_Namibia handing over a house to SDFN family at Walvisbay. https://t.co/yIUgTIps…
- RT @Mweyako: Together we can make it @FLON_Namibia @StandardBankNa @FNBNamibia @pupkewitzH #neopaints #Ohorongo_Cement delivering low inco…
- RT @FLON_Namibia: Warm embraces were the order of the day, as FLON officiated the handover of 100 houses constructed by the SDFN in Walvis…
- @FLON_Namibia handed over 136 new houses to #Namibia Federation members in #Swakopmund & #WalvisBay last weekend. H… https://t.co/VkfixTTSic
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >