Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- RT @mazi_emekar: With the help of Paul Kunnu, a displaced school teacher from Otodo Gbame, and @justempower, I visited Makoko to meet with…
- News snippet from NSDF Uganda https://t.co/shOBiIk7wR
- RT @SASDIAlliance: Southern African Slum Dwellers Strategise Ahead of World Urban Forum 2018 #WUF9 #NewUrbanAgenda @sdinet @uclg_org @SALGA…
- RT @jasoncorburn: #cities #urbanism @gehlinstitute why just now insights for respecting community, the social + physical & in-situ #upgradi…
- RT @AleInZac: @urbancampaign @sdinet well done @sdinet! there's always something to learn from you guys :) #urban #development
- SDI's #KnowYourCity campaign puts the needs & priorities of the urban poor on the agenda for local and national... https://t.co/ymyJY1xBHH
- RT @MarianneThamm: Khayelitsha Shack Nominated For Royal Institute of British Architects Prize https://t.co/LyXGobNQah
- RT @WRIRossCities: “The #city is like the human body; you can’t just take care of one part and expect everything else to function,” says Sh…
- Become a Global Poverty Fighter. We invite you to join our Global Poverty Fighter campaign by donating today.... https://t.co/0zXpMTMERA
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >