Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- RT @hicpresident: #Geneva Don't miss this!!! Amazing roundtable on June 3, 2019 with @urbaMonde @CanoMartinPena @habitat_intl @sdinet @Coop…
- RT @justempower: Today @NaijaFederation & @sdinet leader Bisola Akinmuyiwa (@bisola8899) presented the #KnowYourCity campaign and community…
- RT @celine_dcruz: Participatory processes tend to leave the very poor behind. Need to be vigilant about lthis. Seems easier to work with th…
- WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT Community-Led Habitat Awards 2019 - https://t.co/PWdE8bQB87
- RT @Shack_dwellers: Please dont miss. Buy your ticket now https://t.co/4Db8JMyaua
- RT @justempower: Next up —> @Wanavijiji film on Kambi Moto Housing Project, to help us imagine what is possible in #Lagos waterfronts @sd…
- RT @justempower: @NaijaFederation community film screening kicks off in #AgoEgunBariga — films by @sdinet @KnowYourCityTV media teams in #N…
- Diversity in action - SDI Sect hosts India, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Sourh AFRICA affiliates data teams… https://t.co/4GNUaAKxtv
- RT @justempower: TOMORROW our @meganschapman will join @leilanifarha and grassroots housing advocates from Kenya and Argentina to discuss l…
- RT @DAG__activism: We are at the City of #CapeTown #Pickwick transitional #housing site visit, where the CoCT is doing a tour of the build…
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >