Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- . @joelbolnick @twinsontour_ stop in Keetmanshoop where @Shack_dwellers of #Namibia use savings to build homes &… https://t.co/gsfpDvsES6
- Earlier today, Salifu Abdul-Mujeeb from People's Dialogue in Accra led the #ResilienceExchange participants in an i… https://t.co/xKnIJVus9b
- Today the #ResilienceExchange participants visited Block 6, Philippi, an informal settlement in Cape Town, observin… https://t.co/wGaCnyVQp7
- This week on SDI #Road2Resilience is #Botswana where the federation federation brought their Namibian, Zimbabwean,… https://t.co/4vRyeXYyyu
- This morning delegates continued to examine linking resilience and upgrading with another structured reflection gui… https://t.co/ta9ToP4o1u
- Participate in the final day of the Collaborative Urban Resilience Building Exchange by joining us for a… https://t.co/BfMxJjvZH1
- Speaking with students from the @unimelb at the #ResilienceExchange, Anna Estevao from FEDUP said "We present who w… https://t.co/5XVvRsJuGH
- Salifu Abdul-Mujeeb of People's Dialogue summed up the use of #KnowYourCity data in Accra, "We challeneged [officia… https://t.co/fewbARDjiw
- The @sdinet secretariat interns from @TheNewSchool present on theoretical and conceptual linkages of resilience bui… https://t.co/utjb2MERp8
- @vickyestee from @ItadLtd led the #ResilienceExchange participants from Cape Town, Durban, and Accra in a productiv… https://t.co/Wzx20bQvF8
- RT @gareth_morgan: Excited to be working this week with @sdinet & partners from Accra and Durban at the Urban Resilience Building Exchange…
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >