Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- SDI This Month: SDI Welcomes Joseph Muturi as new Chair - https://t.co/f5rIXVKlib https://t.co/j7J6cICDo2
- SDI at CBA14: Claiming Space for Communities - https://t.co/kQi58VzyEs https://t.co/sZFP1Rh4Qa
- SDI This Month: News and Highlights from the Federations - https://t.co/EYfGloYxDh https://t.co/q0DkTB8Bm1
- SDI is excited to announce a partnership with @CitiesAlliance to continue #COVID19 response work in 19 affiliates.… https://t.co/fhqf07QN5h
- SDI Newsletter: June 2020 - https://t.co/tk1aOn0bzj https://t.co/7TyEV1A6eL
- SDI Newsletter: February 2020 - https://t.co/8ghBZ3aacM https://t.co/C0QteL0Mj4
- RT @s_colenbrander: Census staff do not even know that there were pavement dwellers to be counted. Surveyors do not realise that communitie…
- RT @dee_are_dee: Rose Moloakane from @sdinet – data collected by grassroots groups has great value for tracking progress towards New Urban…
- RT @engjoemulligan: “we are paying for being poor”... “if you want to build better cities build with people”... build with women” Nicera Wa…
- RT @IIED: TODAY AT #WUF10: Grassroots-led upgrading at scale: innovations in partnerships & community media from Mukuru, Nairobi --> https:…
- RT @greencities: "We don't dump things on government. We do our bit, you do your bit." - Sheela Patel @SDInet #WUF10
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >