Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- Join @sdinet @WBG_Cities and @CitiesAlliance today to explore lessons learned from federation mapping Covid hotspot… https://t.co/DzoF3NPVJj
- Last year, SDI partnered with @WBG_Cities & @CitiesAlliance to collect #slum #data & identify #Covid_19 contagion… https://t.co/vsEcPs7alx
- @BethChit speaks to the need for and value of combining local and academic knowledge in the development of inclusiv… https://t.co/mPPdiM8DME
- RT @grp_resilience: Women Raise the Roof! We're excited to present one of the first pieces in our #risktoresilience series w/ @UNDRR! Thi…
- SDI is grateful for the opportunity to have our work showcased here by @schwabfound and featured in the newly publi… https://t.co/ZZhbQV4Acf
- RT @WRIAdaptation: Supporting the Principles for #LocallyLed Adaptation is about putting communities in the driver's seat of #climateadapta…
- RT @urbaMonde: A framework for a transformative urban recovery https://t.co/L4mlKqr26E @sdinet @CitiesAlliance @WIEGOGLOBAL @IIED
- RT @hohmann_rene: @IIED @Dsatterthwaite @DianaMitlin @EandUjournal @AfricanCities_ @dpu_ucl @GlobalDevInst @urban_know @Cities4Children @Ci…
- SDI is excited to be part of the Local Climate Adapters Network, working with key partners to build agency of local… https://t.co/zFWE8kNjx5
- RT @DeLoG_2030: 🧐How can we support #communities to better adapt and respond to crises such as #COVID19? 📚In our new article we report on…
- RT @IIED: PROJECT: Frontline Funds Accelerator: catalysing climate investment to the grassroots --> https://t.co/tBxS04LLCD The Frontline…
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >