Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- RT @sdinet: Jockin’s words will inspire us to action for years to come. #UrbanPovertyFighter https://t.co/sJbUbxEB4P
- RT @sdinet: Jockin Arputham: The People’s President. #UrbanPovertyFighter https://t.co/uHWxo7WIM2
- RT @sdinet: Jockin's work lives on. https://t.co/wecY4ifPld
- RT @sdinet: "Words could not express the pain & sorrow of his tragic death, urging that his legacy be upheld in #SouthAfrica & around the w…
- "Words could not express the pain & sorrow of his tragic death, urging that his legacy be upheld in #SouthAfrica &… https://t.co/qXcj2EP1wu
- RT @joinsolidground: We are thankful for the partnership and leadership of Jockin Arputham of @sdinet. He was truly inspirational and his e…
- RT @MaimunahSharif: On behalf of the entire @UNHABITAT family, I would like to express our deepest condolences to the family, friends & col…
- RT @GlobalTaskforce: The Global Taskforce is deeply saddened to learn of the passing of the great visionary Jockin Arputham, president of @…
- Jockin's work lives on. https://t.co/wecY4ifPld
- RT @Wanavijiji: Muungano federation celebrating Jockin this morning, and "the Jockinism in us all". @sdinet #UrbanPovertyFighter (s) https:…
- Jockin Arputham: The People’s President. #UrbanPovertyFighter https://t.co/uHWxo7WIM2
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Oct. 3, 2017, 1:07 p.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >