Welcome to the UPFI Website
Urban Poor Fund International
The Urban Poor Fund International is a subsidiary of Shack / Slum Dwellers International that provides capital to member national urban poor funds. The Fund is established on the proposition that the poor are central actors in urban development and poverty eradication and are best able to decide and co-manage their own urban improvement programs. Giving the poor direct control of capital enables them to negotiate with formal bodies such as government and banks.
Key Focus AreasView Our Focus Areas >>
- @ACTogetherUG & #KnowYourCity TV highlight slum dwellers aspirations for #Uganda Nat'l #Urban Policy https://t.co/rXS40wH5oY
- RT @WIEGOGLOBAL: "We want to become real partners [...] in implementing #NewUrbanAgenda" say grassroots leaders from WIEGO & @sdinet https:…
- "We know what we want." Comm'ty-driven data collection on slums. https://t.co/fggny5IU2b @thomsonreuters #KnowYourCity #NewUrbanAgenda
- No One Left Behind: Slum dwellers talk about safe & inclusive cities https://t.co/2Gy1d8I3vV @IDS_UK #NewUrbanAgenda #KnowYourCity
- RT @justempower: Waterfront inhabitants aren't "kidnappers" or "miscreants" as Lagos Govt says, "we are mostly fishermen & sand sellers" #L…
- #KnowYourCityTV is growing to incl. youth from #Cambodia, #Bolivia & #Afghanistan! https://t.co/Bw1G14CARE @Habitat_org @UNHABITAT @ACHRSec
- Sarah Nandudu of #Uganda federation shares lessons to implement #NewUrbanAgenda https://t.co/Gzq52BbZUo @CitiesAlliance @ACTogetherUG
- RT @GlobalDevInst: @dee_are_dee @LutwamaMedie @sdinet @UCLGAfrica Lovely post. @DianaMitlin 's short interview withOfelia can be seen: http…
- RT @justempower: #Habitat3 is coming to an end, now it's time to put the #NewUrbanAgenda into practice in Lagos and end evictions of the ur…
- RT @meganschapman: @NaijaFederation ready for people-centred upgrading @AkinwunmiAmbode @followlasg @lagosstategov @sdinet @HuairouConnect…
- RT @IIED: ICYMI: Watch @sdinet's Sarah Nandudu gives her take on the #NewUrbanAgenda from #Habitat3 --> https://t.co/TjEgsTwDjE
Featured ProjectsView All Our Projects >>
Jan. 11, 2016, 11:01 a.m.
Construction of a community hall with water tanks and running water, in George Compound, Lusaka.Read more >
Oct. 13, 2015, 10:52 a.m.
Incremental housing construction in settlements across Namibia.Read more >
June 7, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
Upgrading of water and sanitation facilities in settlements in Dar es Salaam.Read more >
Dec. 14, 2015, 11:58 a.m.
Construction of ecosan toilets in houses in Lilongwe.Read more >