People's Dialogue On Human SettlementsBack To Partners
People's Dialogue on Human Settlements is a community-based non-governmental organisation (NGO) working in alliance with Ghana Federation of the Urban Poor (GHAFUP), which is a network of savings groups in slums, informal settlements and depressed communities in Ghana.
- To facilitate process that promotes the development of collaborative pro-poor strategies to urban governance, infrastructure provision and development
- Mobilize and build a well organised, capable and recognised federation of the urban poor in Ghana with the capacity to consolidate and use resources to create new development options
- Create partnerships between poor communities and local authorities, policy makers and Governments for shelter improvements and poverty reduction
- Provide technical, professional, administrative and financial support to the organisation of the urban poor in their interactions with formal institutions
- Research into issues of urban poverty and human settlement improvements.